Friday, April 26, 2013

Graphic Eyeliner Look- The Double Flick


The Double Flick

 

For me, this look harks back to ancient Egypt.  I imagine Cleopatra strolling in her gardens and Nefertiti sailing on the Nile with eyes lined in deep, dark, mysterious kohl.  And to answer your question- Yes, I'm hopelessly in love with all things Egyptian.

This look is ancient and modern at the same time and although, I'm no Cleopatra, I feel it's a look that elongates the eyes and gives them that  "almond" shape the magazines tell us to strive for ;)

I had so much fun trying this out- it's something I've never done before...better late than never, right?

I tried this look with a green eye pencil instead of the traditional black kohl.  I felt it was a softer look and it complements brown eyes really well. I think it'll look beautiful no matter what color you try...

Go on, try it, have fun and embrace the queen you are..

xoxo,
B

The Finished Look




 



Products used:

Green eye pencil: I used MAC pearlglide in Undercurrent.


How to achieve this look:


  1. Using Undercurrent or any eyeliner of your choice- Trace the curve of your upper lash line from the inner to the outer corner.  I stayed close to the lash line to avoid any gaps.
  2. Line your lower lashline and waterline with Undercurrent
  3. Now for the fun part- Gently pull the skin near the outer corner of your eye to make it taut.  This makes it much easier to get a precise line.  Also, my eyes are very deep set so I need to do this to be able to draw evenly.
  4. Draw a small, straight line from the outer edge of your upper eyelid towards the lower end of your eyebrow.  I kept the line small but you can make it as long or as short as you want. 
  5. Draw a small, straight line from the outer edge of your lower lash so that it's parallel to the line from Step 4.  Think "equal" sign.  Avoid the temptation to "wing" the eyeliner..
  6. Clean up with a Q tip and eye makeup remover, if needed.
  7. Curl lashes, apply mascara
Get ready to RULE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions