Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Graphic Eyeliner Look- 60s Mod

60s' Mod look 


If I had a time machine, I'd go back to the 60s'.  Why, you ask?  Well, to begin with the 60s were groovy- Hippies, Woodstock and activism of all kinds changed cultures across our little blue planet. 

The 60s' liberated women to be bold, have fun and embrace their feminity more so than previous generations and Twiggy, Audrey Hepburn and Edie Sedgwick rocked the graphic eyeliner. I mean, who hasn't wanted to wear a broad swipe of eyeliner and bubble gum pink lipstick to work.  I know I have :)

So here's my attempt at recreating a look from the 60s'.  It's a multicolored eyeliner look and I've paired black with mint green- I quite like it and hope you do too!

As always, have fun! It's OK if you mess up the first time, it took me several attempts to get this look right :)





Products used:


Gel Eye liner: MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
Green eye pigment: Fyrinnae Jade Ghost
Neutral eye pigment: Fyrinnae Kurisumasu 
Eye pencil: Stila Topaz 
Mascara: Diorshow Mascara
Q tips and Eye make up remover (Keeping it real, I did have to clean up!)

 How to achieve this look:

  1. Taking a fine tipped eyeliner pencil or liquid eyeliner, draw a winged shape extending from your inner eye to the outer edge of your eyebrow (See pics above, leave a small gap between the line and the brow)
  2. Fill in with black eyeliner.
  3. Taking a mint green pigment, use an angled brush to carefully trace the winged shape on your eyelid.
  4. Neaten any lines with Q tips dipped in eye make up remover.
  5. Brush on a neutral pigment (I used kurisumasu)just above the eyeliner so it doesn't transfer onto the crease when you blink.
  6. Line waterline with a flesh colored pencil.  I used Topaz by Stila.
  7. Curl lashes and apply mascara.

I think a black and gold combo would also look fab! Anything goes with black eyeliner so have fun, experiment and feel free to drop me any comments or questions.

xoxo,
B



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/Questions